Monday, April 20, 2020

Lockdown Day 25

We're on Lockdown day 25 here in SA. What was originally 3 weeks of Nationwide Lockdown has turned into 5 weeks. 35 Days. Great for flattening the curve. Very bad for the economy. I really hope it doesn't get extended again. For me personally not that much will change after lockdown in that I will still be self-isolating. Working from home, avoiding shops, trying to avoid people who have been going to work and shops etc.


It would however be great to see my boyfriend again. It's been almost a month since I've seen him. So that's my first stop post lockdown, seeing as he's "safe" immediately post lockdown in terms of being exposed to Covid. However as friends and family start going back to work, I worry about what they are exposed to there. As well as what my nephew might be exposed to at school once he goes back. I have a feeling 2020 will be a very lonely year :-( This virus will take a long time to pass, and I suspect that until a vaccine is developed, my entire life will change. That might be 18 months away, meaning I will have to avoid close contact with people for that entire time. I WILL need to leave the house, probably for medical reasons, (or to have my hair cut and other silly but still kind of important reasons) and have to be SUPER careful in terms of wearing a mask, washing hands, spraying my steering wheel with alcohol, just being paranoid in general! I'm struggling to even wrap my mind around it!

It would also be great to be able to run outside again! The exercising indoor thing is getting old now, and I really miss being able to go for a walk/run outside! Especially at the JHB Botanical Gardens! And yes I do think it's safe if you stay very far away from people, the way I did before it became illegal.



What I'm also looking forward to post lockdown, is being able to order non-essential things online again! I've ordered some kitchen toys from Woolies, like a muffin pan, cake pan, some utensils etc, and it can only be delivered after lockdown.

I posted a pic at the beginning of the post of a puzzle I finished yesterday. I've also finished the following two books since my last post. The Heart's Invisible Furies was BEAUTIFUL, I absolutely loved it. Disgrace was less heart-warming (to put it mildly), but a very good book and a fast read. So two very good but very different books.



I'm also planning on moving soon, but more about that in next post.

No comments: