Friday, November 6, 2009

Lots of news and happenings

ANOTHER CF’ER FRIEND GOT LUNGS!!!!!!!!!!! Louis, who lives up here and whom I’ve often visited in hosp finally got his lungs on Wednesday! He’s waited more than a year and a half, and was just discharged after being in hosp for AGES, when the hosp called and said he must come back! Apparently he’s doing really well, and I’ll go in to see him tomorrow morning. He had so many plans for what he wanted to do once he got the new lungs, and now he can actually start recovering and doing those things!!!

Jolandi is also doing great, she’s going home this weekend! She still has the NG tube though, which will stay there until her throat is all better again.

Some sad news… Maryke, the girl waiting for lungs who got married just over a month ago passed away yesterday morning. She had gotten better, but seems like she just took a turn for the worse again. May she breathe easy now. Feeling very sad for her husband and family…

My week’s been SOOOOOO busy. On Monday I had my 3-monthly check-up, and lung function (FEV1%) was 100% on the dot! Not even a decimal value… just 100%. I’ve been at 97% for MONTHS, so was a nice surprise to see 100%! Everything else was also perfect, apart from CMV (a virus that was in my body pre-transplant, that most people have, but because I’m immune-supressed it may cause problems post tx) starting to show up in my blood results again so I’m back on Valcyte, even though I feel great. Think I should just stay on it… problem solved.

Tuesday eve I did a short talk at the CF assoc’s golf day. Unfortunately there were mostly golfers and not many CF people, but met some cool parents of CFers! Also got some great chocolates and wine out of the deal :-)

Wednesday night I had church cell, and last night we had supper at a friend’s place! This weekend Chris and I will be house-sitting (well until Tuesday actually), so that should be cool. Just wish the weekend could start now though!!!!

No comments: