Saturday, January 29, 2011
Friday, January 28, 2011
My mom's up here again this weekend, so we'll be having supper there tomorrow night, and on Sunday we're going to some or other country market for brunch! So looking forward to another good weekend! Oh and also want to try and visit some friends in hosp.
Saturday, January 22, 2011
Saturday, January 15, 2011
This past week's been good. work wasn't too hectic yet, went to gym twice and fitness has already improved from after my exercise-break over Christmas. So feeling better about myself physically.
Also, my parents have moved into their new house this week! So on Thursday night we went over with some pizza and beer to check it out! The cats were also flown up last night, so for the first time since 1 Sept they've got a real house again! It's a really cool place!!! With the move my piano also came to our house and have enjoyed playing again a bit!!!
Today's been good too, went for bfast at the parents place, then did some grocery shopping, and spend the afternoon chilling with a few friends. Just me and Chris tonight, having steak and salad for supper, YUMMY!!!!!! Hope your weekend's going well too so far!!!!
Saturday, January 8, 2011
- Be fitter than I was in the previous 3 years post transplant. Not that I was unfit, but I feel I have more in me. Obviously the fact that I work rather long hours suck, but that's where the self-discipline comes in. I want to swim more at the gym, and also do something I've always be too scared to do... attend a class at gym. Whether it's spinning or aerobics... try something in group format, because my lungs ARE AS GOOD AS EVERYONE ELSE'S, so I need to get out of the pre transplant mentality in that sense. I still think I won't keep up, although I just might.
- Go to the World Transplant Games in Sweden and bring back a medal again, it doesn't even have to be a gold one.
- Continue to be vigilant about my health.
- Make a change regarding work. Whether it's my job spec or my attitude/outlook, I want some sort of change.
- Be a good wife to Chris! This is going to be the first year of living together, which is REALLY AWESOME! Definitely as great as I thought it was going to be.
- That this is a more successful year for lung transplant in SA than 2010 was in terms of numbers. I think they only did 4 lung transplants the entire year. I want Helen, Lucille, Salome, Gloria, Dominique and a few others to get lungs and have the same experience I've had.
- For my own health to stay as great as it's been thus far and even better in terms of my diabetes and gynae problems from previously. Or just not worse, LOL!
- For lots of fun and traveling!
- Get a pet or 2 (at the moment thinking 2 kittens in the second half of the year).
- That Chris and I can go to Sweden together and also visit Annelie in England afterwards.
- MEET BREE FOR THE FIRST TIME AND SEE EVLYN AGAIN!!!!
That's all I can think of right now! It's been a very quiet Saturday (seems to be a trend...mmm...), but have started to plan some party plans for the weekend of the 22nd!!! So far it's dancing the Friday night (21st) and entertaining @ home on the 22nd! Three years is a big deal!!!!
Sunday, January 2, 2011
Anto's visit has been fun, although we didn't do all that much! Watched a lot a Friends eposides (Chris and I are re-watching all 10 seasons), it rained A LOT... New Years wasn't the greatest ever, it rained out, but had a very nice supper with friends last night. So 2 very late nights/early mornings in a row!!!
Did a bit of shopping this morning, and had lunch out before we took A back to the airport :-( Christmas tree also taken down and 2 big loads of washing done. Hoping this week will still be relatively quiet as work though!
Oh, and today a year ago Chris asked me to marry him :-)