Saturday, June 17, 2017

Rough Week and Silver Lining

It's been almost 2 weeks since I've blogged! This last week has been very rough physically and mentally, and one day I will blog about it, but the time's not right yet. (Not trying to vague-blog, I'm promising a good post in the future!).

Highlights of the last week.... Fawny turned 30! We had a ball of a time at the new Rocket in Bryanston. Had a great time, would have been even better if I didn't have so much trouble trying to find somewhere to charge my O2! And if I could just generally let my hair down and have a bit more fun, but "letting your hair down" can be a bit hard when you struggle to breathe. However all things considered... I had a fantastic time.



Also chilled at Brendan's house twice since previous post... last week Friday I went there for some amazing soup, and yesterday we went for an afternoon braai. Also spent some quality time with my nephew, the gorgeous Adriaan.



On Thursday I was having a very bad day but got so spoiled by my sis (and I'm guessing Adriaan also had a hand in there because he loves his aunt) with roses and donuts!!!! Chris has also been soooo supportive. Tried to get love from Pumpy but failed. He ran away. As you can see,




At the end of the day... what has been amazing in this strange week is how many people I have who pray for me, and care about me. Not trying to brag about it obviously, but in a world where you see so much negative stuff all the time, you get some AMAZING PEOPLE. I've been overwhelmed by love, and that is pretty amazing. I'm a very lucky girl!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Alice, I hope you are counting me as one who prays for you, because I do! I still feel so privileged and honored to have met you, one of the most courageous people I have ever known. So glad you have that beautiful baby in your life. What a blessing!

Alice said...

Thank you so much, and really glad to have met you as well!