Tuesday, December 19, 2017

RUNNING

Life has been pretty fantastically busy since my last post. The most exciting news is that my lung function was up quite a bit at Thursday's appointment, and is almost in the "normal person" range. (well the FEV1% that is). Dr was super happy. My next appointment is only on the 5th of Jan due to the holidays, so I've jumped from seeing him every 7 days to a 22 day gap! It's a little scary! Will still be doing bloods every week though. Something else that's been super awesome is that I've been able to go for little runs!!!! Before now I still had some pain, so running wasn't possible, but I'm 99% pain-free now... tried running last week and it felt amazing! The lungs just want to keep going but my legs are still lacking a lot of strength... so that needs work.


I have also bought new squash shoes today! I gave away my old squash shoes because a) I wasn't sure if I would ever be using them again, and b) they were quite old, so I figured that if I didn't die and was going to play squash again I deserved a new pair! So a new pair it was!


It's also been pretty great having the cats back. They've been very well behaved and have adjusted to the fact that all bedrooms are out of bounds. Home feels like home again. I've been spending my time doing stuff around the house, sorting out medication (with dosages of meds changing every week so far it's been a bit crazy), sorting out medical accounts, making Drs appointments for next year, sorting out xmas pressies, catching up on LLGL stuff etc.



We don't really have any Christmas plans apart from lunch at my parents house and supper at our place on New Years Eve. Hopefully next year we'll be doing something different somewhere else! Just super grateful I can breathe!

1 comment:

Sherry Boyle said...

Alice, I am SUPER HAPPY for you!!! So wonderful that you can live a relatively normal life again! You deserve it!! God is good!!!!!!
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year,
Sherry Boyle