Monday, June 25, 2018

32 Days to go till New York!

You know life is good when you're struggling to find time to blog! It's all systems go for Nationals and after that New York. My fitness is really improving and my body really coming to the party! I had a check up a week ago, and my kidneys are behaving!!! Creatinine is down to 130, from over 300 when I had my diarrhea. Normal is roughly less than 100. So we're almost back to normal thanks to switching meds. Everything else was also great, in my Dr's words, "I don't think I've ever seen you look this well". Unfortunately hubby has been really sick with a cold/flu and I'm SO SCARED of getting it. Trying to live separate lives in one house at the moment... my nerves!


I also ended up having a spur of the moment eye test.... realised when I was playing squash that I need to play with contact lenses... So I wanted to go and buy some lenses, but apparently you have to do a new eye test before you can do so. Long story short... My latest transplant has affected my eyesight negatively, and prescription has changed quite a bit. I also need to wear an eye patch on my right eye for about an hour a day to try and improve my very bad left eye! Haven't gotten the eye patch yet, but will hopefully do so today. At least I got to pick really cool new frames...


We also had a great Father's Day last Sunday, with little Adriaan stealing the show and crawling even deeper into our hearts as usual. The day before that Fawn and I had a catch-up lunch with Aviva at a Vietnamese restaurant, which was also really nice.




Other than that things have just been pretty busy with Love Life; Gift Life, and of course preparations for Nationals. I also need to go to the dentist this week as I suspect an old filling is loose :-( I am really not a fan of the dentist! Rather give me any other type of Dr!

Have a great weekend and don't wait for Friday!


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What beautiful looking lungs!!
Good luck at the games!
Sherry Boyle

Unknown said...

Alice it is so great to see how you use every opportunity. U are a real figther. I said to my husband. I still remember you going to a 21st dressed as Lara Craft. I think it is about time they start writing a script for a screenplay telling your remarkable story. I think it will bring great awareness of how important organ donation ect.is. All the best Deidre Erasmus

Alice said...

Ahhhhh thank you Deidre!!! What a nice message :-) I remember that 21st so well! Don't think anyone would watch that movie though!