Saturday, August 4, 2018

New York City... Brooklyn

We've been here for a week now, and this is the first chance I've had to blog. It's been absolutely amazing. We arrived here last Saturday afternoon, and took a yellow cab from the airport to our Airbnb apartment in Upper East Side... a pretty fancy and beautiful area, although I'm yet to see anything here that ISN'T beautiful and amazing. Unfortunately I lost my phone somewhere between the airport and the apartment... what a bummer. And pretty stressful, trying to get hold of the cab driver, logging a lost phone through the right channels... so far it hasn't been successful, so I ended up buying a new phone. I was planning on getting a new one later this year anyway, as the old one was 3.5 years old, but it was still working well :-( So I can at least do social media if there is wifi again. Below is the view from our apartment. We're on the 27th floor.



On Sunday we went to visit our friend Brian, who composed that piece featuring moi, at his apartment in Brooklyn. And met his cute kitty Bexley!!! He made us french toast for breakfast, which was amazing, and after that showed us some of the neighborhood. We went to some rooftops, went to the Brooklyn Bridge, Prospect Park etc. See pics below. It all amounted to a LOT of walking, for which I was not prepared... wearing my sandals!

We had a fab lunch in Dumbo, and a nice chat with the restaurant owner, who has been to Cape Town and was just a very interesting person! I had pickled herring on some sort of bread (can't remember) and it was perfect. It was also our first day in figuring out the subway, which takes a bit getting used to! Think we're doing pretty well though, it's been harder to figure out exactly where to go once you're ABOVE ground LOL!



































No comments: