Thursday, January 16, 2020

Back in SA! First trip post - LONDON

I've been back for just over a week now! What an epic trip! Been procrastinating blogging because I don't even know where to start!

London - London was pretty awesome as always. I stayed with my friend James who I've known since I was literally like 3 years old (see pic below for evidence!). Can't believe it's actually my 4th time there. Previous trips were in 2004, 2011 and 2012.

I've done most of the touristy things before, so I think the most touristy thing we did was to go up The Shard. The last time I was there they were busy building it. What an amazing view!!!!! We were super lucky to get a table by the window in one of the bars up there. Had the most amazing cocktail of my life... wish I'd taken a pic of the menu, but there was lemon and honey involved! I also went to the Tate Modern for the first time. Didn't have much time there but loved it. Did the National Gallery again as well (certain parts of it). For the rest we just walked around A LOT, stumbled across some Christmas markets and did some shopping!

The weather wasn't too bad, temperatures were very mild, and we didn't have much rain. It did blow my mind however that it was dark at 16:00. Insane!!!




















I also managed to see my friend Elize who also has CF and moved to the UK a while back. Was very nice to see her new home.



No comments: