Sunday, August 30, 2020

Last day of being 35!

Tomorrow I turn 36! My second 18th! Whoop whoop! I'm still super excited about birthdays and getting  old(er), because no one thought I'd live this long! And I mean I've had some major parts replaced to get to this point! I can honestly say I'm in much better shape physically than when I was 18! Tomorrow is also 2 years 10 months with the new new lungs!


August has been a good month. It was pretty busy as far as TELL was concerned. The weather is improving, which is great. The country went to level 2 of lockdown, which meant that last weekend I was able to get away with family for the first time in ages. We went to the Waterberg, to a place called Moonriver Lodge. We've been there before, in 2015. It was a really nice break. Had some great family time.









Healthwise I'm all good as far as I know. Managed to make an appointment with my lung Dr for October. It might not work out, but it will have been 8 months since I've had a proper transplant check-up, and it makes me anxious. Luckily I was able to go for lung function in May and June. However I haven't seen my Dr or had bloods and x-rays since the first week of Feb. So here's hoping the Oct appointment will happen.

This weekend has been really great, celebrating my birthday. Yesterday my mom made leg of lamb (my favourite) for supper, and today I went for brunch with my best Joburg friends, Andrew, Marius and Brendan. They really spoiled me, and it was so nice to be able to do that. The restaurant is really open and airy, and only every second table gets used. So I didn't feel unsafe. I've also been hanging out with the 3 of them for a while and as far as we know we're all healthy and very careful. 



In other super exciting news... I'm getting a niece in Jan!!!! Beyond excited. Cannot wait!

Also exciting September news: I'm going away for the long weekend to the bush again with Andrew, Marius, Brendan, and Andrew's sister Patricia and Jacques at the end of September. That will also be lots of fun. 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Alice!
I hope your lungs treat you well during the next year!
I love your little cottage and it's decorated so nicely :-)
All the best,
Kim in Canada

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday Alice! I hope your lungs treat you well over the next year!
I love your little cottage and you have it decorated so nicely!
All the best,
Kim in Canada