Monday, February 27, 2017

Breathing and Baby Shower

Saturday we had my sister's Baby Shower! We tried to keep it a surprise and we kind of succeeded for the most part at least! It was a really nice afternoon and I hope she had a memorable and fun celebration! We're all very excited to see if it's going to be a girl or a boy! One thing is certain though, this is going to be the most spoiled baby EVER! It was also really great having my friend Antoinette here.






I have been feeling more short of breath and tired for the last two weeks, and eventually decided to see my Dr a week earlier for my check-up. It's so hard to know when you need to see the Dr because you might be getting sick/worse, or it might just be how you're "supposed" to feel with low lung function. Appointments are also booked so far in advance and he is sooooooo busy that you don't want to just mess schedules around for nothing. After a lot of deliberation I decided to just do it, and went for blood tests as well.


So on Thursday I went to see him. I have no infection and my lung function was actually up a bit. The 6 min walk test results were a bit down but relatively good as always (I seem to be able to walk pretty fast with my oxygen set on 5 litres considering my low lung function). I know this is supposed to be good news, but it's also really frustrating. Is being anxious making me feel more out of breath? Is it hormones affecting how I feel? If it is anxiety, why am I anxious if I'm already on meds for anxiety? Is it just a bad week or two? It also feels like my body played tricks on me then! I could do without my brain playing tricks on my lungs.... really! So in the end I feel a bit like the boy who cried wolf, and also a bit like an idiot. You would think after 32.5 years I would know my body a bit better, Oh well.... just carrying on and focusing on more fun stuff like the trip away for my dad's birthday soon and other fun stuff planned with friends.


We've also had a sh%tload of rain! It's been great, as we've had such a drought for the last 2 years. Even though our roof is NOT loving the rain, I am. As well as my garden! And it has made the kitties extra cuddly. There might be some more this coming week :-) Enjoy the last 2 days of Feb!!!!


No comments: