Friday, May 12, 2017

May running away and upsetting movie "Bypass"

This month is running away with me!!! It's been so busy that I haven't even had time to blog! That's a very good thing I think... can't be sitting around doing nothing the whole day. Last week was filled with family! Spent quite a lot of time with my aunt Annelie, grandmother, mom, Chrislie and Adriaan! It was super seeing Annelie and my gran again. Also pretty special to have four generations chilling together. (I'm not sure how my sis managed to escape all these photo's???)





We've also been quite busy with LLGL... Had a photo shoot last Sat for something that we're working on, and on Weds we attended the premiere of the new local movie about organ trafficking that opens at cinema's today, "Bypass". I was really rather upset by the movie, as it portrays organ donation in SUCH a bad light. They basically show poor people in Africa being hunted for their organs to transplant to rich tourists. The movie itself is not badly done, it's just the message regarding organ donation that is SO DAMAGING in our society where less than 2% of the population are registered as organ donors, and the public is riddled with misconception already. They also state that it's based on true events! I'm not aware that anyone in this country has EVER been killed for their organs! So WTF??? The damage that this movie could do was illustrated by someone who attended the premiere commenting "And this is why I will never be an organ donor" when we left the theatre.

We spoke to various people involved in the film afterwards, and they said that the movie should make people aware of the shortage of donors... while that is true to an extent, I feel that the horrible scenes of them throwing a young girl in a van in order to harvest her heart after they found her blood group info in a local clinic, will be remembered by a viewer much more than the so-called "moral" of the story. We posted our review of the movie on our Facebook Page, so check it out if you want to... (Also, please "Like" our page if you haven't yet!) I'm adding the trailer of the movie below, as it might give you an insight as to why we were so offended by it. If you have seen the movie please comment and let me know what your thoughts are!



1 comment:

Unknown said...

I will NOT be seeing that movie! Loved your family photos.