Friday, February 5, 2010

2 years ago today: HOME!!!

I was released from hospital on the 5th of Feb 2008. What a day! Was scared of leaving the safely of the hospital... having nurses there at the push of a button. Drs seeing you twice a day. Not too much movement needed. Strong pain meds. But at the same time I was excited... how will this new life be? A life without nebulising, supplemental oxygen, coughing (if all went well), being blue because of lack of oxygen. How will it feel to be considered normal?

If it wasn't for my 3-day stint in hosp last month, I would've been able to say I've never been admitted to hosp again. But that's OK, I wasn't in hosp because of my lungs. I've been so blessed. Read Emily's blog today and could SO relate to what she's saying.
Had a rough week work-wise, but it's the weekend!!!!!!!! Seeing Avatar FINALLY tonight. And the rest of the weekend should be fun too. HAVE A GOOD ONE!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Dit voel so gister wat jy huis toe gekom het.
Liefde
M

Lovin Lane said...

Happy 2nd anniversary!!!

Christy said...

Two years already?!?! Time has flown. Wow! Congratulations. I'm thrilled to see you are doing well. God is so good. :0)