Friday, January 5, 2018

2018!!!!


I've been wanting to do this post earlier this week, but I've been out and about enjoying the new lungs!!! HAPPY NEW YEAR!!! May 2018 be everything you want it to be. We had a very nice New Years Eve. Had a braai at Brendan and Marius' house. It was all very civil and we were in bed by 2am :-) We slept over there because it's just less stressful. It was great to be with some of the friends who most supported me in 2017 (unfortunately all my other close friends live far away) - not counting the LLGL girls of course. 




On the 30th of Dec we had quite an epic storm here in Joburg. We had quite a lot of hail and rain. After the storm cleared Chris and I drove up to Northcliff Hill (we stay at the bottom of the Hill) to look at the sunset. There were some spectacular views! Though I'd post a few pics here... I loved that the skies ended 2017 so dramatically.






My only resolution for 2017 was literally "to survive it". Happy to say that it worked out! In fact, I had a check-up yesterday, and lung function was GREAT, what the Dr terms a "significant increase"... my previous check-up also showed a "significant increase" so lungs couldn't be doing any better if they tried!!  X-ray beautiful (these lungs look a bit longer than the previous ones, which is pretty cool to see. Maybe that's why it feels like the breaths go sooooo deep :-) :-) :-) Bloods were better than last time, Dr not too worried about anything. Having a biopsy done on Monday (my "month 2 biopsy" in my Dr's preliminary biopsy schedule). Hopefully it goes well!

If I didn't get new lungs, I would have still been alive, albeit in a much worse condition that I am now. However for 2018 there will be some resolutions again! Here goes...

  • Take part in the National Transplant Games in PE in July (and hopefully go on to qualify for the 2019 WTG).
  • Travel as much as I can, including at least one overseas trip.
  • Take my fitness above where it was at it's peak after my previous transplant. The years of rejection has made me value the capabilities of these lungs and what my body can do (given enough lung-power and training), even more.
  • Figure our working/ LLGL/ my life and priorities.





No comments: