14 Jan 2008
- woke up probably at about 8am, due to not being able to breath while sleeping anymore.
- drag myself to my desk, where I nebulise Venteze, to open up my chest to be able to walk downstairs for breakfast. Takes about an hour in the end, as it triggers massive couching/semi-vomiting fits.
- go downstaits, rest at the kitchen table for a few mins. Stand up, make toast or eat the porrigde my mom force-feeded me (in the nicest possible of ways!!!) in order for me to pick up some weight.
- 'walk' to the PC, facebooked a bit and checked e-mails.
- dragged myself back up to my room, decided I neede some more Venteze, chest felt like it's closing up again. Then did about 1 minute of hypertonic saline but made me want to vomit, so I stop. Nebulise Colistin.
- get dressed, after which I have to sit to catch my breath.
- had physio at 12h00 for about an hour.
- get back home, lay with head on cool kitchen counter for a while, drag myself back upstairs to lay on bed for a while.
- feel better after that, and hang out with Antoinette and someone else for a while. Not sure where or who the other party was, didn't write it down...
- blogged: http://livinglifebreathlessly.blogspot.com/2008/01/finally-some-news.html
- BIG news for the day though: heard that if a woman waiting in the US for lungs decides to come back I could go to Florida to get my lungs there, where the waiting list is shorter... ( that woman eventually got lungs a week later... and so did I)
14 Oct 2008
- woke up at 5:45am, full of energy, lay in my back for a while (couldn't do this before), just because I can.
- get up at 6am, and within 45mins I wash my hair, eat, decide what to wear, get dressed, wash the dishes, chatted to Bree, tidy my room and pack my bag for gym.
- leave for work at 6:45am, and arrive there at 7:30am.
- spend the entire day being normal and not coughing and working and drinking coffee etc... and trying not to eat too much as I'm so normal now I can even get fat, lol!!!
- Apart from the 4 or so people who knows about my transplant, everyone thinks I'm normal.
- Leave at 5pm and head for gym.
- Gym for about 1h20 mins, still have lots of energy. Got home at about 7:15pm.
- eat, relax, blog...
- and will go to bed at about 10pm WITHOUT HAVING TO NEBULISE. Just have to brush my teeth, take my pills, and fall into bed.... thinking lots of wonderfull thoughts ;-)
Don't think I need to say more...