Sunday, September 20, 2009

1 month after the Games and mom's visit...

Been a rather busy week, which is why I haven't blogged for a week! My mom arrived on Thursday night, and I decided on the last minute to take Friday afternoon off! So we had lunch, and walked around in the shops a bit. Also had a chance to show my mom all my Aus pics. Very nice. We then went out for supper at a Portugese restaurant. Yesterday we all (her my dad and me) went shopping again, and I used some of the vouchers I got for my birthday! So I basically received some shorts, slip-slops and a pretty skirt for free, yay :-) Lots of fun.

Today us and Chris went for a short hike at the Walter Sisulu Botanical Gardens, and a picnic afterwards, which was great. It was pretty busy there as a result of the gorgeous spring weather. Watched Devil Wears Prada (again) this afternoon and just relaxed. It sucks that the weekend is over again so soon, but at least Thursday is national braai day! (Well heritage day actually, but who cares, braai-ing (BBQ) should be celebrated!!!)

Hope your week is well, pray for friends getting lungs PLEASE, they have to at least give ONE person a set of lungs this year.

3 comments:

Bree said...

Praying your friend gets lungs! That's terrible they havent even done one! My centres done almost 80!

Unknown said...

Are slip slops what we Americans call flip flops?

Alice Vogt said...

Yup Karen indeed, although we call them flip flops too sometimes... and the Aussies call them thongs?!?