Sunday, September 13, 2009

Sunday Afternoon Blues

It's that time of the week again... Sunday afternoon :-( At least my mom is coming up this week, on Thursday evening, and she's staying for quite a while. And NEXT week has got a public holiday, yay!

I had lunch with Aviva and Jenny on Saturday, which was awesome. They're like my only female friends I have here in Joburg, so was great hanging out with the girls! Chris and I also went to a Karen Zoid performance (female SA rock artist), which was great. Also had a braai last night (just Chris and me), seeing as they weather is getting so nice over here!

Off to church in a while, then quickly popping in to see Jenny and Paul on the way back.

Wish me luck for this week, and have a good one!

P.S. Please pray for my SA friends to get lungs... one of the CF girls are getting married on Saturday. The wedding's been planned more than a year ago, and she though she'd have lungs by now, but she hasn't. In fact they haven't done 1 DOUBLE LUNG transplant this year. And it's September. That's sickening.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey...just an American lurker who checks in once a week or so. I'm confused about something you've brought up once or twice...why haven't they done a double lung transplant? Is there a reason other than no good matches? Something political??

Alice Vogt said...

No, unfortunately it's just a lack of donors, and those donors who do become available's lungs aren't useable due to injury or infection etc. Very sad.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the explanation.