Friday, January 9, 2015

Just a random post

Don't have anything specific to blog about... finding myself in a bit of a post-Chrismas, pre-Lungaversary empty space. Been extremely busy at work so not much been happening socially.

Firstly, I've updated my blog post about Emily. Feel free to go and read it again (assuming you did the first time). A lot of thought went into this post...

Then.... I haven't mentioned this before, but Jenna, who I've also blogged about before, received her lungs a month ago! She is still in ICU but from what I gather gaining strength. Wishing her well for the rest of her recovery and hope to meet her someday! She has done so much for organ donation and have no doubt she will make her donor proud.

Next weekend I will be celebrating my lungaversary with friends, and the weekend after with family! SOOOOO EXCITED. I know 7 years is a random nr but to me it feels really BIG!

P.S. Saw this article on facebook today, and really thought it's good. I also think I'm fairly good at the topic at hand, as are most people who have faced a chronic illness and who do not cherish drama in their lives. Excuse the language!


Developing the ability to control and manage the fucks you give is the essence of strength and integrity. We must craft and hone our lack of fuckery over the course of years and decades. Like a fine wine, our fucks must age into a fine vintage, only uncorked and given on the most special fucking occasions.


No comments: