Sunday, September 6, 2015

Week of birthday celebrations

My week has been awesome (apart from some shitty gynae news which I won't spoil this blog post with). Chris took me out to my favourite restaurant on Monday night, Wombles. Had fantastic food there as always. Prawn and Avo Ritz, Fillet steak, and a surprise "Happy Birthday" desert. Really had a perfect day.



On Tuesday evening my parents hosted us for supper. It was great, especially seeing as it was the first day of month-end at work and took the burden of supper off of us. Rest of the week was fairly normal, and Friday night we went out to the Beeryard in Fourways with Fawn and some friends. Was loads of fun was was great catching up with her. Got home pretty late (or early!) and woke up with some great rain yesterday morning.


Last night I had friends over for a little birthday get-together. We played Cards Against Humanity, which is an awesome game we got in the States we stole Anna's game and ordered her a new one to be exact). So much fun and an awesome ab workout. Had a great time. And some awesome gifts, Really spoiled and very lucky!





To end off with, a comparison of me turning 23 vs tuning 31. These lungs have given me 8 BIRTHDAYS that I likely would not have had. EIGHT! That's fucking amazing (sorry, don't usually swear on the blog but in this case I think it's appropriate). LOVE the lungies!!!! THANK YOU DONOR LADY.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy late birthday Alice! I'm glad to hear that you were able to enjoy a week of birthday celebrations! Sorry to hear that you got some "yucky" news - I'll keep you in my thoughts and prayers that all turns out well!
Kim in Canada