Friday, October 16, 2015

Admission Update

Feeling much better today, but the past 2 days have been a bit challenging....

Wednesday my chest was horrific. Rumbling and wheezing like crap. When I coughed it sounded like CF lungs except nothing came out!!!! Most frustrating feeling ever. I went for lung function which was pretty shit as expected. FEV1 was 36%, all other tests way down from 12 days before. O2 sats 86% when talking. 




I had a good physio session from the sweetest lady Anne (my favorite physio had to decide that the first time I've ever needed physio post transplant is a good idea to leave the country:-p LOL) that helped a lot, although we couldn't get much out, the stuff that did come out was nasty! Afterwards I was so knackered with O2 sats in high 80's that I gave in to my old friend oxygen for sleeping while in hosp for better rest at Dr's suggestion. After 7 years, 8 months and 9 days (I didn't make that up!) of no physio and no O2 it was very strange but a girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do. Struggled a hell of a lot to fall asleep with the nasal cannula but eventually I did sleep for abt 4 hrs.


Yesterday chest was magically much drier but still tight! Physio produced nothing. Felt really out of breath after taking a bath and just completely bushed the entire day. Chris, who is also sick, waited with me till 23:00 to see my dr, who I haven't seen since being admitted as he has also been sick :-(. He was happy that I looked better than on Tuesday and said we carry on with current treatment plus ordered the nasal swab that the lab forgot to take in casualty. Still no sputum results (normally takes like 4 days) but they might not show anything anyway.

Slept better last night (on O2 again) and feeling 100 times better today. Chest way better thankfully. Will definitely have to stay in over the weekend though to carry on with the IV antibiotics. Physio produced nothing again, but chest feels clear so that's OK. Trying to make the most of relaxing today while Chris sleeps at home. Also need to catch up on some eating. 

I've been spoiled so much by some awesome people, really felt special! Thanks to everyone who has been a part of the gifts or facebook messages and texts etc.





2 comments:

Unknown said...

Glad that things seem to be improving Alice. Keep doing everything right. Hope both you and Chris will be better soon. Love. Dawn.

Unknown said...

Glad that things seem to be improving Alice. Keep doing everything right. Hope both you and Chris will be better soon. Love. Dawn.