Tuesday, April 29, 2008

98 Days and counting down...

So today is day #98 after transplant. I was told that the first 100 days are the crucial period. So just 2 more days and I'm through that!!! Without any complications whatsoever, How awesome is that? Going to celebrate it with my friends tomorrow evening, when we're going for cocktails, followed by dinner at a fancy restaurant!!! Looking forward to that and dressing up!!! Will definitely take lots of pics!!! On Friday my mom, dad, sister and I are spending the night at Storms River Mouth (my favourite place in the whole world!!!) to celebrate as a family. We haven't spent a night here together since 2001!!!

Saw The Other Boleyn Girl today, was a great movie!!! And my first movie this YEAR!!! Anto and I were the only people in the movie theatre, which was cool. I read the book by Philippa Greggory (not sure how you spell her name!!) as well, and considering they had to fit the entire book into a movie, I thought it was very well done. Great storyline...

Also went for a run/walk on the beach this morning, which was great, except that my ankles and knees hurt when I run. Don't know why the hell this is, but I'm going to visit my PE physio sometime this week, so will ask her about it. Maybe there's some kind of stretch or something I can do. That would be cool.

Tomorrow morning I'm going to my friend Ditha's grade 2 class. Her whole class prayed for me and drew me pictures when I was in hospital and is always asking about me. Bought them some sweets!!! It is also my old school, so I'm going to say hi to some of the teachers who taught me as well...that is if they even remember me, lol!!! The girl with the crazy hair who couldn't shut up!!! haha...

So anyway, I'm enjoying home, although in a way it feels like I'm a visitor and Joburg is my home now. Which is a good thing I guess. Prefer Joburg's drivers!!! These people send my blood pressure through the roof when they drive at 30km/hr staring at the ocean!!! And then it's locals!!! The sea looks the same as yesterday dammit, just DRIVE!!!!! And then they probably think I'm some Gauteng bitch when I overtake them with my GP numberplate, lol!!!

O yes, and for everyone who stays in PE, my article is supposed to be in the Algoa Sun on THURSDAY... so read it!!!

3 comments:

Chastity said...

What kind of running shoes do you have, and how old are they? I used to think that one pair of running shoes is the same as the next, but since I've gotten friends who run marathons, I've been schooled on running shoes and how they had have a terrible effect on your knees and other joints if they have been run or walked in too many miles. Maybe this could be your solution.

Destini said...

98 Days! I am still amazed by God's hand in your life. It totally amazes me how quickly your body bounced back and how far you have come in such a short amount of time. They transplanted your lungs!!
Enjoy the celebrating with your friends!
As Chas mentioned, do check your shoes.

Alice Vogt said...

Uhm... I'm ashamed to say my shoes are... wait for it... 9 years old. But I didn't use them for 2/3 years. And they were a good pair of Adidas. Seems like I'll have to get an early birthday present, lol!