Monday, June 16, 2008

Father's Day and the long-weekend...



The weekend in Pretoria was very relaxing and nice. Not that I've got a hectic life otherwise, but you know what I mean. My visit to Pta started off with visiting a friend, Patricia, and her boyfriend Jacques and his sister and her boyfriend. So even though I was the only single one surrounded by couples, it was a lot of fun, and we had a great time. Had some yummy mexican food and even yummier Southern Comfort with lemonade...



Yesterday was Father's Day obviously, and I took a pic of my dad and grandpa, as we were having 'pap en wors' ( it's sausage and like a stiff porridge with tomato stew on top- very nice and traditional) for breakfast. Two of my dad's brothers and their wives, as well as my cousin, her husband and her 2 adorable kiddies, came over for lunch. I saw my niece and nephew for the first time this year, as because I found it so hard to breathe at this altitude with the old lungs, I never came up to visit. It was SO much fun chasing them around on the lawn, something I wouldn't dream of doing 5 months ago.


This morning my dad and I went to Pretoria's Botanical Gardens for a walk and some coffee. Took lots of pics, which I will post tomorrow!

3 comments:

Bree said...

Awww cute pics!!!! Glad you're back! As a bumpersticker on facebook says, " I miss(ed) your face!"

Destini said...

Those little ones are adorable! It is great to connect with family!

Dragonfly said...

I sympathise with being the only singleton....in some situations I have felt like Bridget Jones at the Smug Marrieds Dinner. It is lovely to connect with family though.