So all of this seems rather confusing, and I'd be interested to see where this will end, because many people have donated money towards her cause. What I DO know is that 2 independant people I've talked to previously have had their doubts regarding the blog. Both of them were saying something's fishy, and that such a story can't be possible. I'm not sure if I wanted it to be true or not, because if it IS true Gina's been to hell and back, and if it wasn't true, is such a sickening thing to do and kills blog-credibitily and faith in humanity.
Here's what I DO know...
- Paul Mooney, the author of Friends of Pepe has CF and had a lung tx, as far as I know.
- His lungs are not doing well and he's very anti-transplant at the moment.
- Paul's blog Transplantland (also listed under my blog-list) has also been closed down.
- What kind of tx-centre would transplant someone on ECMO?
- How can they consider a second transplant if the first one was such a disaster and she had such serious infections and high fevers?
- How is it possible that her bloodgroup is a universal recipient, yet she waited 2 years for lungs, and eventually they REDUCED lungs to fit her??? JUST AFTER SHE WAS PUT ON ECMO?????
- It is unusual for a blog not to have any photo's (except one, which is apparently not even Gina, but a friend of hers) etc.
- Details of what hospital she was in was never given that I know of.
Hopefully the truth comes out soon... go to http://exposetrolls.blogspot.com/ to follow what's happening... If all of this is true, it's too sickening for words, and utterly disgusts me.
UPDATE: It has since been established that Paul Mooney was not part of this scam, but got taken for a ride by Gina/Pepe/who-ever she really is. It takes a real sick demented person to play on the emotions of someone who has been through what she was supposedly going through. Unfortunately Paul's internet reputation has suffered as a result of this now, and he has to regain his credibility. I wish him all the luck out there...