Monday, March 24, 2008

Great evening and early morning walk!


Had an AMAZINGLY nice evening last night at Antoinette's house!!!!!!!! Her mom prepared a nice big meal (my second 'main meal' for the day!) and we talked and laughed and watched an old episode of Grey's Anatomy. My first evening out with friends!!!!!!!!The top photo is me and Anto and the bottom one is the two of us and Andrew and Daniel on the couch. THEY WERE MY SUPPORT SYSTEM!!!!!!!


This morning My sister and I went for an early morning walk on the beach. Walked about 4km. Legs got a bit tired but never got short of breath or anything. First time in many years that I was on the beach that early!


Seeing my physio, Karen, this morning! Looking forward to it!!! And spending the day with Anto!!! Andrew and Daniel will be joining up later. Yay!!!!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Alice, you DO have some amazing friends so you are truly Blessed. You look outstanding and soooooo relaxed and glowing, its brings a broad smile to this dial. 4kms is a big wow, I dont know you guys personally but Antoinette, Andrew and Daniel - Thank you thank you thank you for staying with Alice through all this and more. Your journey through this helps us parents whose children might end up having a double lung transplant as well so its a kinda headsup and for this I thank you from the bottom of my heart. You stay strong! Blessings from Above and Around. xxxx

Katelyn said...

I am so happy that you are so active! I have to admit, I wished I lived close to a beach so I could go on early morning walks. It's so good to see you doing so well and I hope it continues!

Claussen Share Blog said...

Alice - I love reading your blog. I found you through Tricia and Nate. You truly are enjoying life and "every breath" in it. How wonderful to have good friends. Keep it up and I enjoy reading more.

Marti Kenworthy
Atlanta, GA USA

Anonymous said...

Hi Alice... you look FANTASTIC! I can only imagine the joy of being back, and taking deep breaths of all the familiar smells of home.

I live in New York City, but have a sudden longing for a beach vacation in South Africa. What a gorgeous place.