Tuesday, September 23, 2008

8 months and 1 day post transplant!!!!!!

AND I GOT THE JOB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I got called yesterday to say I'm starting on MONDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!! YAY!!!! Awesome 8-month anniversary gift...

The weekend staying with Jenny and Aerin was very nice. Went to the zoo on Sunday etc. Went to gym in Pretoria yesterday, and went to Patricia's house for coffee and milk tart. YUM... Stressing quite a bit for the Games on Friday and Sat!!!!

Arrived back in JHB abt half an hour ago, and immediately started blogging because my aunt Annelie keeps on bugging me about when I'm blogging again ;-) After lunch, I'm going to go show my mom where my new place of work will be, and going for some more shopping (need more work clothes and squash shoes!!!), and maybe I can convince her to go for some cake too... :-)

In other news... SA has no president. Pres Mbeki was forced to resign. Our next president will most likely be an (alleged) rapist and fraudster. Everyone seems to be emigrating. The economy is taking strain. Great.

P.S. sorry for ending off on such a negative note...

P.P.S. I'm ECSTATIC about my new job!!!! See, now I'm not ending off on a negative note anymore :-)

8 comments:

Annelie said...

Contratulations!!!!!! Always welcome with us in England.

Annelie xx

Annelie said...

Sorry about the spelling!!!!

Our Two Blessings From Above said...

I am so happy for you. Enjoy your new job!
Happy 8th month post transplant.

Dana said...

Congratulations on the new job!!!

Anonymous said...

you forgot to mention that most of the parliament has also resigned ... wonder where we'll end up??

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on the new job!!!! Awesome, you will have computer access all week long now!!!

Anonymous said...

congrats on the new job!! whoohoo!

heather
long island, ny :)

Gizela said...

Hallo Alice,
congrats on the job! NO more brainless work for you. Enjoy.
Good luck for the games on Friday and Saturday. Please take some photographs.
And then, besides not having a president, a third of our cabinet has resigned as well! Great!!
Lekker dag, mooi bly en groete vir jou ma, asb.
Toerels...