Saturday, September 6, 2008

Last night in PE...

So my holiday has come to an end... It's been awesome. Really cool. My birthday was great and it was amazing seeing people I haven't seen for years!!! The weather was crappy though, and in the 10 days I spent here the weather was nice for 2.5 days. Grim. So I really missed Joburg's predictable sunshine! AND LACK OF WIND!!!!


The VERY COOL top I'm wearing on the left here is a birthday present I got today from 2 friends who are graphic designers!!!!!! HOW COOL IS IT?????? Wore it to gym this afternoon... wasn't really planning on spending my Saturday afternoon in the gym, but I just HAD to show it off!! (they gave me 2: same print, diffrent type of shirt...) I probably got some stares (although the gym was pretty empty... wonder why?), and this old guy gave me a weird smile, although he may have just been perving... lol!!! The cool thing was that it really motivated me to gym HARD and not slack off... as if I want to prove something to everyone reading it... I did 45 mins of cardio, not resting, just going from one machine to the other. cycled for 10 mins, ran for 10, cycled for 10, did the elyptical trainer for 5min, cycled for 10 again. Needless to say my legs are JELLY now...

The other pics are from last night... Andrew made THE most delicous Morroccan chicken and we had glazed strawberries and lemon sorbet and tiramisu for desert... and lots of wine. YUMMY!!! (I weighed myself at the gym and I gained a kilo... by the way) It was just him and 4 girls! We all went to primary school together (grade 1-7). It was great fun and we had some seriously wacky conversation...


Anyway... We're doing the 11hr drive back tomorrow, so please pray for our safety if you read this in time! Going for bloods and LFT on Monday morning, so will update again after all of that...

5 comments:

OceanDesert said...

Hey Alice! I've been following your blog for a while now and SO glad to see you're doing so fantastically!! I received my lung tx (CF) on 07-07-08... I LOVE your tshirt! Are your friends interested in selling them? I would definitely buy one! :) Sara

Anonymous said...

Hi Alice. I agree with Sara. You should ask your designer friends if they will sell us shirts like yours. I'd like a few for myself. They could open a website of their own or maybe even use your blog - if that's allowed? PL

Anonymous said...

Have a safe trip, Alice.
Even in Durbs we had a lot of wind.
I also love the design of your shirt.
Cheers

Elizabeth said...

Me too on the shirts. My partner, Will, had a lung tx in 2001. We'd love a shirt and maybe one that says "my father owes his breath. . ." for our 1 year old son, etc. In the US there is really a lack of good public awareness raising about organ transplant. Best to you; I enjoy reading how well your recovery is going and how much you're enjoying your new lungs! Elizabeth
http://liam411.blogspot.com

LouMS said...

They can go mass market.... "I know someone who owes her breath to an organ donor...." I would buy one.
-Lou