Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Heritage/National Braai Day

Today's a public holiday! It's Heritage Day, but also National Braai (BBQ) Day... unfortunately we can't braai in our apartment, but if we could, I would have made sure we did, as I am the biggest meat fan around.


Yesterday's shopping was pretty successfull, and we even went for coffee and SHARED a piece of cake... I also went to gym last night, for my FINAL training for the National Transplant Games... Now I'm resting for 2 days and then Friday afternoon is the squash and on Saturday it's the running... I withdrew from the 3km walk, as it's too close to my running event, and BEFORE my running, and since running is my first passion, I don't want to be tired by the time I RUN...


This morning we went out shopping again (just to make it clear, I don't just shop the whole time, but I NEEDED a bookshelf for my room and squash shoes, as mine has black soles that aren't allowed. Don't want to be disqualified after all...) So I'll be sorting my room out this afternoon. At the moment my wardrobe is a mess... books and clothes and BP and sats monitors and pills and USB cables etc... all thrown together. And I'm a neat person, so it has been driving me insane for a while now. Well I have FINALLY found a nice bookshelf, so can't wait to have some order :-) Also packing away my winter clothes for more space...


I might also take a nap too this afternoon, as I am TIRED!!!!!!!! My legs feel like they want to fall off from all the training. Thank goodness I'm resting for 2 days!!!! And then hoping for the best for Friday and especially Sat...
I'm on my way to Pta again tomorrow for my last day of working at my grandad's place. Getting my number etc for the National Games and attending their AGM tomorrow afternoon. Will spend Friday morning trying to keep busy. WISH ME LUCK!!!!!!!! Will be posting on Sat afternoon again, after everything's over... and of course I'll be taking lots of pics!!!!!!!!! AND... I'm meeting the young guy who got my donor's heart!!!!!! Him and his sister (she's a year younger than me, also got a heart) will also be taking part. How cool is that????
P.S. Wellshere gave me something like a medical search engine to put on my blog... it's at the bottom of my site, in the right-hand corner... check it out if you need to find medical info!!

6 comments:

Cindy said...

Congrats on your new job and best of luck for the games!

I must come to SA and try some of your delicious looking baked goods.

Cindy in Ohio, USA

Danielle in MO said...

thats awesome about meeting the person who has your donors heart - how super cool.... good luck at the games - can't wait to read about it!

Anonymous said...

Good luck at the games, and congrats on the job!!! What a great week you're having! :)

Jac said...

Lots and lots of luck for the weekend!!! I think its amazing that you are competing so soon - fantastic :-)

Jac xx

Kelly said...

Good luck Alice with the games and the new job :-) Can't wait to hear all about them both

K xx

Our Two Blessings From Above said...

You are always surrounded by the best looking desserts! You must stay so skinny by working out so much. Good luck with the National Transplant Games. Can't wait to see the pictures.
Have a great weekend.