Sunday, September 14, 2008

Sunday and the week ahead...

Today's been totally chilled which is great. Just relaxed, read, took a nap, ate (pasta, even though I don't really like it... all in the name of training for the Games!), and going to watch a DVD with Jenny tonight.

Went out last night with some people I know and friends of theirs. Was quite cool. Haven't been out much at night in Joburg yet, so it's pretty cool. Although you don't really make friends that way, as the music's usually to loud to get to know someone etc. But I enjoyed it! When I got home I had trouble sleeping (it happens when I drink a BIT), so only fell asleep at about 1:30am... and woke up at 5am... managed to force myself to sleep till 7am at least. I HATE the fact that when the sun comes up I can't sleep anymore... it's really a problem in summer. When I was small my mom bought me dark blue curtains for my room especially so I could sleep a bit later... so after yesterday's gym, shopping (got better running-pants!), and a bit of dancing my legs were so tired when I woke up this morning it felt like I'd been walking around all night! At least they're fine now and ready for a tough week...

Tomorrow morning I go for lung function (no bloods, yay!!!!!), get scripts and get my Dr to fill in a medical form for the transplant games. Then it's the interview... and then squash with Craig, and I also want to try and get some sprinting in. I'm used to running on a treadmill, but I need to sprint and time myself... the only problem is that there are no flat surfaces around... so I'll be sprinting uphill... but who's scared of a challenge???? On Tuesday and Wednesday I'm gymming, Thursday resting, Friday squash with Peter, Sat gym, Sunday rest, Monday and Tuesday gym, Wednesday gymming a BIT, Thursday resting, then next Friday is the squash-event (as well as an Organ Donation thing I'm doing untill about 2pm). The track events will take place on the Sat.

And that's just my 'sporting-agenda'! Got some social and Pretoria-stuff going on too, but I'll get to them when they happen. So it's going to be a BUSY 2 weeks ahead. Awesome :-) Beats having to sit at home on O2 by a billion times...

The pic of Lily is one I found on my phone today... my sis must have took it when I was home... I thought she looks as lazy as I FEEL today, so it's an appropriate pic!!!! Will post my LFT and interview results before I leave for Pretoria again on Tuesday...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Alice,

You have such an exciting social life and love your description of the Barbie Doll types and the jocks! I have enjoyed keeping up with you on your transplant journey and your attitude is so great. I think when I logged on to your site, I was about #300. I think you had just left Port Elizabeth maybe the day before my first reading. I got to you through Nate and Tricia.

My 22 year old son Jamie has CF and we were supposed to go to Galveston, Texas next week for his first appointment in the evaluation process, but because of Hurricane Ike that is a wash out. From the pictures on the television news it looks like the island is in very bad shape and I am wondering if and when they will be able to get the program going again. If it looks like it will take a while, we will probably go to another center.

The pictures you have of the waves---------was that like a hurricane? Were they in Port Elizabeth? Is that normal?

I am excited for you about the transplant games and hope all goes well. Thanks for the encouragement to folks like Jamie and myself.

Linda Crane
Mother of Mandy (with the angels) Kyle, Hunter and Brady wo/cf and Jamie, 22, w/cf

BTW-------You can go to wwwcranefilms.com and see Jamie and his brothers. They have a clip from their next project on You Tube.

Alice Vogt said...

Linda, thanks for the cool message!!!! Yes the waves were in Port Elizabeth, and it's the first time they've ever been that bad. Apparently it was due to a combination of spring-tide, very bad wind the previous day(s), and maybe even global warming?

Hope you manage to get Jamie to a centre soon! Not nice having uncertainty about that on top of all the other uncertainty too!

Send my regards to Jamie...

Mc Clarey said...

Hey!!

Glad to see you are keeping well.
xxxx