Friday, September 12, 2008

BAD TRIP?????


I had the freakiest experience EVER last night... I decided to take a sleeping pill, as I haven't in a while, and wanted a good 8 hour rest. Well idiot me took the pill, and continued chatting to a fellow CF'er via e-mails... All I remember afterwards is that I felt extremely DRUNK, couldn't focus, thought my laptop was green and furry and that everything kept moving. And for some reason yahoo and gmail was like flippen rocket-science, because I didn't know how they worked, and couldn't figure out how to send an e-mail.

It also felt like there were lots of people around me, trying to distract me from e-mailing this poor guy. HE freaked out of course, not knowing what the hell is wrong with me. The one moment I was fine, the next Im saying stuff like "i thihks is too muchinternet, screen movers, go to bednow" I kid you not... that's what I said. I was talking sh#t and freaking him (and myself) out. Luckily I did eventually go to bed and slept like a baby...

Feeling fine this morning, just a bit shocked. Anyway... now I know at least that if you REALLY want to escape reality, take a sleeping pill TOGETHER with some alcohol... mmmmmm

p.s. just kidding (sort of), don't try this at home!!!!

7 comments:

Gizela said...

hahahaah... this makes me think of years ago...
I took a sleeping tablet for the same reason...some restful sleep. Then my friend from Finland phoned, my mom woke me up, I had a loooooooooooong conversation with her in Afrikaans (she is English) and then went back to sleep. The next day my mother asked me about being weird on the phone...and up to this day I can't remember a thing! hehehee....
Well, so sleeping pills and me....no go area!
Lekker naweek hou - ons gaan vir 'n verandering lekker weer he!

Anonymous said...

Thatss really funny! make me think of my mom who gets all weird and disorientated when she takes sleeping pills (quite regularly because she is an insomniac) and she literally in minutes goes from 'sober' to 'drunk' and starts slurring!!! NO ALCOHOL involved! good thing you went to bed and got some good rest!!!

Anonymous said...

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha .... en dan wonder julle hoekom ek nooit alkohol meng met pille nie!

April said...

we have something called ambien here in the US. it's a sleeping pill and it IS dangerous. a bunch of people have sleepwalked and DRIVEN their cars with no recollection.

LouMS said...

I had a friend who would drive to work in the morning and not remember the drive... because the sleeping pill had not worn off...
Scary...
Lou

LouMS said...

I didn't realize I repeated April's comment... :)

Dragonfly said...

Oh dear.....hope you didn't hit your head when you fell asleep :-)