Friday, September 5, 2008

Friday Morning

I'm lazy as hell, sitting in my pj's, and is irritated by the WIND... yesterday was the first nice day apart from Saturday, but the wind is back in full force. It's depressing!!! Can't wait to get back to some decent weather.

Had a cool day yesterday though. Went for coffee with my cousin and did a little shopping with vouchers I got. While in the coffee shop, a couple came up to me and asked me if I was Alice, as they know about my blog and have a neice with CF!!! Felt like I was some sort of celeb, haha! Was cool though... then came GOING TO THE DENTIST... Haven't been since my work-up, but luckily everything was in top shape. Not sure if the dentist even realised I have new lungs, he didn't say anything or comment on the fact that I didn't have to sit up every few minutes to cough my lungs out... since being in a dentist's chair simulates POSTURAL DRAINAGE!!!! It used to be a nightmare... For the first time I was more worried about what he might want to do to my teeth than drowning in blood and mucus... charming...

Also went to gym, where I did a SUPER work-out. My hair was soaking wet afterwards and my face RED. I bumped into Danielle, my friend from Boston, so we gymmed together for a while. Also weird being able to talk WHILE exercising... who knew that was possible??? :-)

Tonight Andrew is preparing supper for me and 3 other friends from school, including Danielle. It's going to be great, can't wait!!!! Saturday should also be lots of fun, and Sunday it's the big 11hour drive back to Jozi!!!!!! Ugh...

5 comments:

Destini said...

Just wanted to drop a quick note this am to let you know I nominated you in the "blogs I love" award. It is just a little thing that is circulating in the blog world, kind of like a tag thing. To me it's kind of special in the regard that it gives the opportunity to encourage others. you've been a great encouragement to me. I appreciate your zeal for life and the compassion you have for others! Have a blessed day!

Alice Vogt said...

WOW, thanks, that's so nice of you!!!! *blushing*

Bree said...

hey woman

good job on going to the gym and sweating your brains out.

you're not lazy.

i feel like i'm full of sand and need to sleep for 13 hours

Our Two Blessings From Above said...

Hope your having a nice weekend.
Being a dental hygienist myself good job with a top shape check up!

Anonymous said...

cool shirt :)
groete!
melinda