Sunday, January 27, 2008

I'm leaving on a jet plane...

Chrislie is packing in, I believe, everything she can find. We have traveled through her parents, her and Alice's room, trying to find just the right stuff to take with. Chrislie will be leaving tomorrow afternoon and will only return in time for Varsity classes. She is very excited to go and is truly an amazing lady in the way she cares for her family.

Riaan is also here and gives a hand where he can. It is strange to see my friend get ready to leave on her own. I am left with a fantastical sense of reality that Alice will be coming home, 'living' again. I don't know about you, but it is all to much for my small brain to even comprehend.

Sitting here is Alice's room, I suddenly (and actually for the first time), read a quote on her wall...

"It is the possibility of having a dream come true that makes our life INTERESTING"

Alice had a big dream; she wanted to live. That made her become the wonderful person she is today. Looking around, I see the nostalgic pictures that remind me what a full and amazing life she has lived up to now. We are truly excited to see what she will be able to do now that her body will not be restricted anymore!

Keep up the prayers...we feel God at work more and more. May we all see the glory of His love being enveloped in Alice's 'new' life...

5 comments:

Bree said...

YAY ALICE! You're a rockstar and GOd is on your side! I am so thrilled for you! Keep up the awesome, kick-ass work!!!!!

Hugs and Prayers
Bree

Kat said...

Wonderful news!!!


God IS good!!

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the updates! This is so encouraging to the Body of Christ to see God's hand so clearly at work...Bring on revival!!

NCBeachMom said...

wonderful..praying she will continue to improve everyday!

CFHusband said...

CFers tend to have big dreams, and it seems to me they often come true!